Kent and Medway Secondary Schools Enjoy Free Science & Maths Enrichment and Enhancement Activities
January 24 2016 | Views: 1634
Kent and Medway
Spires Academy, Rainham School for Girls, Sandwich Technology, St Augustine Academy, Chatham and Clarendon, Castle Community, Highsted Grammar, Saint George’s Church of England School, Royal Harbour Academy and Folkestone Academy had the opportunity of the free enrichment and enhancement activities run by Kent & Medway STEM Ambassadors using innovative ways with a carousel of activities to promote STEM.
Over 22 STEM Ambassador’s visited each school for two one hour sessions facilitating up to 80 Year 7 and 8 students. The activities were in different themes:
- I’m Sherlocked: Maths and Forensics to solver murder mystery
- Snow white and the seven dwarfs: Maths challenges to release the dwarfs
- Star Wars – Mathematical problems
- Olympics, 007 and Dragons: Science Challenges
- 007: Science Challenge
- Dragons: Science
The pupils and teachers feedback has been overwhelmingly positive:
- "First we would like to thank you and your ambassadors for a superb day. Feedback has been brilliant from both staff and students".
Teacher from Saint George’s Church of England School, Gravesend
- "…Students were engaged with activities and there were great examples of collaborative learning with peer support."
- "Ambassadors were really enthusiastic and well prepared and there were only positive comments"
Students from Saint George’s Church of England School, Gravesend
- "I would really like to thank you and the STEM ambassadors that came in on Monday to run a STEM enhancement session with our Year 7’s - it was excellent thank you all very much."
Teacher from Castle Community College
Here are some of the reports from the schools: