Electrical Energy For Our Future at EDF Energy Dungeness B Power Station
Wednesday 18 July 2018 - 9.30am - 3.45pm
Dungeness B Power Station, Romney Marsh, TN29 9PX
*Please note teachers who attend and complete the evalaution process will be able to claim a bursary for the course
A unique opportunity to consider key aspects of the KS4 curriculum in the context of the UK's first ever nuclear power station. This course provides a unique opportunity to tour a nuclear power plant and consider some important aspects of GCSE physics in an industrial context.
- Consider key aspects of the KS4 science curriculum in the context of the UK's first ever nuclear power station
- Evaluate the long-term viability of replacing fossil fuels with renewable energy sources
- Develop an understanding of the operation of a nuclear power station by touring the site
- Appreciate how the National Grid balances supply and demand.
- Consider some of the challenges facing the grid
- Relate aspects of the KS4 curriculum to processes and issues in the nuclear industry
Book your place online »